Do you have 5+ years of experience in sales/marketing of technical sales to key decision makers and influencers in an industry related to my client’s
Do you have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or equivalent experience?
Are you hungry to learn and develop new business for an employer? Does a growth career with a stable, well-established company excite you?
If so, my client, Blake Equipment, has a Commercial Products sales engineering position opening for their Syracuse Territory focused on commercial hydronic heat and domestic hot water, low pressure steam, pumps, and renewable thermal energy systems. Product knowledge is important as is the ability to sell solutions and applications. Reporting to the Division Manager, this position requires:
- · Focus on providing superior customer service with a passion for driving sales
- · Experience in developing specifications, proposals, submittals and delivering effective presentations
- · Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially, Excel)
- · Commitment to excellence
Founded in 1927, with the vision of offering its customers innovative and “Green” water and thermal energy solutions . . . for a better world, The Blake Group is a privately-held, family-owned, specialty distributor and manufacturers’ representative. The Company has evolved from a small traditional pump, boiler and hot water distributor into a well-known, regional specialty distributor and manufacturers’ rep offering Peak Performance Solutions that allow sustained use of water and thermal energy resources. With a mission of offering its customers peak performance water and thermal energy solutions, equipment and products, it serves its partners who design, build, maintain and manage these systems – providing innovation through technology.
As a distributor, Blake focuses on stocking and meeting the demands of both contractors and tradesmen servicing the needs of residential, commercial and institutional markets.
As a manufacturers’ rep, Blake’s Commercial/Industrial/Municipal teams specialize in engineered solutions for large projects requiring more customized solutions.
A Commercial Products Sales Engineer will work with a successful team of inside and outside professionals, and application engineers to promote, sell and support the company’s thermal energy and water system solutions in the commercial and light industrial sectors with a concentration on providing solutions and services around applications, including: low pressure steam, hydronic heating, domestic hot water, water filtration and water and wastewater; build and maintain partnerships with engineering firms, contractors and end users in the industrial, institutional and commercial marketplace. In-house and factory training is provided.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience of demonstrated sales success in selling and supporting projects in the thermal energy field across all market sectors. Specifically, this person will:
· Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key decision makers, influencers, manufacturers and Blake personnel
· Travel within territory 75% of the time
· Maintain CRM (Goldmine) tool with updates to contacts, pipeline, opportunities and forecast
· Participate in local trade associations, trade shows and technical seminars
· Conduct field events to promote products and solutions
· Develop specifications, proposals, submittals and effective presentations
· Support corporate goals and initiatives
· Collect and share information on competitive, market and industry trends with Corporate
- · Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal, and listening
- · Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- · Initiative – self-starter – energetic with an aggressive attitude
- · Highly organized
- · Keen sense of follow-up
- · Good sense of business acumen
- · Positive outlook
- · Takes ownership
- · Integrity and trustworthy
- · Not discouraged easily
- · Strong work ethic
- · Professional demeanor
This exceptional position offers a competitive salary, travel reimbursement, 401k, generous health benefits, in-house and factory training with future advancement opportunities.
If this is a strong match for your background/experience, please email your resume as a Word document attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org - 860-267-2690